Looking for something specific?

If you have requests for blog topics or questions about the Austin real estate market, please ask! You are welcome to email me directly or leave a comment.

Monday, August 27, 2007

information overload

This summer, I finally took the plunge and quit my full time job to become a full time Realtor. It's an abrupt change to go from an 8-5 desk job with a regular paycheck and rather good benefits to working for commission only. Especially when you don't know when that next commission check will be coming. I'll say right off that it's one of the best decisions I've made and I'm having a great time! There is just so much information to learn! Showing houses and writing contracts is actually the easy part. What takes longer is making the connections with other people in the industry so that you know who to call when your clients don't have a mortgage officer or an inspector or an electrician! What takes even longer is learning about mortgages, marketing, advertising.

I have had a good start though. In the first two months I worked as a full time Realtor, I closed on two houses!